'03 4wd W/T Silverado questions

I purchased a 2003 Silverado 4wd W/T with the 5.3 V8:

Is a coating of rust on the driveshafts and U-joints normal? A Google groups search seem to say yes. The Chevy dealer said I could check any RWD vehicle in his lot and they would all have it. There is no scaling or pitting.

Does the high flow air cleaner that came with the snow-plow package raise the horsepower of the 5.3 at all, to say 295 like the '04s? I see posts recommending high-flow air cleaners as a performance improver.

Im considering upgrading the 16x7" steel wheels, to the American Racing 767 black steel 16x8" wheels (#6883), but I want the wheel to be hub-centric - all/most weight on the hub to the wheel not the lug bolts to the wheel. The only reasonable one found advertized with this feature is the AR Baha II 6838. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Test

GM Tech

agreed I too have PDI'd 2004s and rust is very normal...keep your ujoints greased and youll have no worries

Reply to
Steve Cook