03 silverado lift?

Well I plan to get a 6" lift for my truck(2wd), nothing drastic and I knowits a 2wd, but I think it wouldnt look bad at all. So what are the drawbacks to gettin a lift, for example gas mileage , etc. and others, just want a second opinion thanks

Reply to
jmex

A 6" lift IS pretty drastic. 4" lifts are far more common. With a lift that much your going to need quite LARGE tires your it's going to look like CRAP! With the 6" and the Large tires it'll be higher then 6" depending on the tires you get. If you do it right and use a good lift kit You'll be happy, and it'll look good. But I've seen some lifts on a few trucks and thought they belonged in the Junk Yard they were so bad!!!! Problems with the CV Joint Angles being Maxed out that the Axles were Braking and the boots tearing, the Steering parts hitting. A big mess. With a left you'll get worse gar mileage. The center of gravity will go UP, so it'll Roll over more easily. Get a cheap Lift kit and you'll turn your truck into a pile of crap. Warrantee problems. Harder to hand wash your truck, and can no longer go though a car wash. There's other things. I'd also think about getting some type of step. Until you want to do a running jump into your truck. You can even get ones that Power down when you open the door and go back up hidden when you close the door, if you don't want something like a Step bar.

Think about what your doing, and plan it out FIRST before you just jump in and do it.

Reply to
JBDragon