04 Duramax Fuel Filter?

Hello, I was just wondering if there are any tricks to changing these. I have never messed with a Deisel engine and own one. I have 23,000 miles on it and fuel from all over the US has been pumped into it. Thanks for any help.. Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

Check out

. You'll go into information overload !

"Bob Perkins JustaBenz" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3132.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
kellan

Tony_Stewart snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob Perkins JustaBenz) managed to peck out the following:

For the love of pete Bob, don't worry about the tricks to it. Just get it out and replace it with a fresh one. Pay somebody to do it. Anyone who would risk screwing up a $5K+ diesel engine by letting the fuel filter go 23K miles.....

AW

Reply to
Hattmakr

How often do you think it should be changed? I'm getting an 05 around March....just curious.. Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

Tony_Stewart snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob Perkins JustaBenz) pecked the following:

Your owners manual should give the intervals. Mine does, but I change change it more often than they recommend....every other oil change. Or every 10K miles.

AW

Reply to
Hattmakr

Thanks Man ! I'll go ahead and get it done and do it a little more often.... Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz
  1. It's easy to change the stupid filter. Find previous posts or ask me.

  1. 23k? no, they'll go to 45k...it's really ugly though, and i DO recommend using the book's change interval of...

  2. 15k.

peck out

Reply to
SpaseKase

Basically just change it when I change my External Tranny Cooler fluids....My buddy at the dealership told me 12k-15k on the cooler fluids Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz