'05 Tahoe Front Suspension LIFT Spindles?

Does anyone have any experience in lifting Tahoes? I am looking into a 2-3" lift for the front of my '05 2WD Tahoe. Everywhere I look in the web has full suspension kits but I only want to try lift spindles so I keep the ride comfort same as factory. My goal is to make the front sit same height as rear and look better without going crazy.

Reply to
Ken Williams

"Ken Williams" wrote: > Does anyone have any experience in lifting Tahoes? I am > looking into a 2-3" > lift for the front of my '05 2WD Tahoe. Everywhere I look in > the web has > full suspension kits but I only want to try lift spindles so I > keep the ride > comfort same as factory. My goal is to make the front sit > same height as > rear and look better without going crazy.

try 4wheel Parts they?ll sell most kits in individual parts. There a pretty big company- online, catalog, put out a magazine, and they have

40-50 stores and install centers around the country so you may be able to get them to do it for you as well. I like the Fabtech and ProComp kits for 2wd, I"ve used them both. I now have 6" Fabtech in my 04 2wd silverado. If you go with fabtech you may need to have a machine shop reme out the uppper ball joint mount on new spindles so that you get a proper fit. Atleast thats the case with the spindles for 04 silverados, its due to inconsistancies in manufacturing. 4W.P. doesn?t sell kits by indivual parts online so you?ll have to call them.
Maack

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

jmex

Very cool, thanks for the tip bro!

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Ken Williams

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > >
RCD?s kit looks good and ive heard some good stuff about it, but I don?t have any first hand experiance with it. only problems I?ve had since lifting is gas and power. When i put in the 6" fabtech kit with a set of 33?s I lost about 6mpg. Then I added another 3" w/ bodylift and put on 37?s I lost another 3mpg. Truck used to average about 500miles per tank, After liftkits and tires that dropped to about 275 or so. I?ve recently installed new gears. With these i?m getting in the 425mile range now. The biggest thing about the gears is the power. After doing the lifts even just the 6" with 33?s I had trouble spinnning tires even on wet or sandy pavement. It took me about a week after i did gears to get used of power and not start to spin wheels after i pulled away from stop signs and lights. I?m estimating that if you do gears you?ll probably only loose 3mpg or so compared to 6+ if you dont. Also when I finally switched my gears I found a lot of metal shavings and my gears looked like complete $hit, this was because there was so much extra straine in the diff trying to turn the wheels. I?m kicking my self for not doing gears sooner, i?m sure i lost some life in rear end and probably trans to for waiting so long.

Reply to
Maack