06 Silverado Cabin Filter

Did they eliminate the cabin air filters since '01? Bought an '06 Crew with

5.3 and traded in my '01 Z71 with the same 5.3, but I can't find any info on cabin filters for my new truck. I didn't find them under the glove box when I removed the cover and nothing in the manual.
Reply to
Bryan Greer

FYI:

As soon as I posted this I checked my email and chevy answered my three week old question with this:

Subject: Passenger Compartment Air Filter - keywords dirt dust HVAC interior #PIT3330A - (02/16/2006)

Models: 2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models

2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe 2003-2006 GMC Sierra, Yukon Models 2003-2006 Hummer H2

--------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern: A customer may inquire about the availability of the passenger compartment air filter.

Recommendation/Instructions: Starting in the 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option. With the redesigned HVAC case, there is no longer a cavity for the filter. The GM parts catalog indicates there is a replacement filter available however there is no provision for it.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

(c) Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Thanks, Mike Griffin Fixed Operations Director SouthPointe Chevrolet

Reply to
Bryan Greer