1500 Express drag link ball joint stud loose

I had intended to replace the drag link as I had bad play at the ball joint linking it to the center tie rod. I found that the nut was not pulled tight and the ball joint taper stud was a rattling fit in the center link hole. The ball joint itself had no play.

Anyone else seen this problem?

The shop manual specifies 35 foot pound for the ball joint nut. That seems low to me.

Has there been a manual revision or service bulletin to increase the torque?

thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy