1500 Express Van Missing and stalling

My 2003, 1500 express van started mis-firing a little about a week ago on Tuesday. I immediately scheduled a tune up for Friday, but it never made it. The miss got so bad, by Wednesday night, it was broke down on the highway. After being towed to a nearby dealer (I was away from home), the service Dept. determined the problem was the coil. After replacing the coil, I continued my trip with about 100 miles to go. After 25 miles or so, the mis-firing started again. By that evening it was dead again. Being closer to home I had it towed to my regular mechanic who proceeded to replace the ignition module (after diagnosis). Also he performed the full tune up including wires, plugs, filters, cap and rotor. Next day....mis-firing again. This time he changed the ignition switch. After

100 miles and an occasional mis-fire, the check engine light lit. It has been on now for about 500 miles of driving and I am still having an occasional mis-fire.

I am afraid it is only a matter of time before I find myself broke down again.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Bob T

Reply to