1500 vs 2500 work truck

I'm starting up my own landscaping company after working for someone else for a few years, and I'm looking to purchase a work truck to replace my S10. I'm trying to decide between a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton, probably in the mid 90's.

In looking through the classifieds, I see quite a few 1500's with 350 V8 engines. There are also a number 0f 2500's with the same engine. What is the difference between these two trucks, considering a fairly significant difference in price?

Thanks in advance, Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

If you're going to be landscaping, get a 1 ton (3500) you'll be hauling lots of heavy materials on a duty cycle that will destroy a

1/2 ton. a HD 2500 (8600lbs 88-98 or a 8600 or 9200lbs 99up) will have a significantly stronger frame, much larger brakes , a vastly superior transmission (4L80E or Allison 1000 vs 4L60E/700R4), and much stonger axles (9.5, 10.5 or 11.5" 14 bolt vs 8.5" 10 bolt).

HTH, Bret

all of the landscaping companies that survive more than a year (in my area) use 1 tons and most have at least 1 ton dump.

Reply to
Bret Chase