1972 GMC Heater ??

I recently found my project truck that I've been searching for the last 2-3 years. I'm now trying to get everything functioning as it should. My current project is the heater. The truck is a 1972 GMC with a 350 small block engine, not original and as such none of the factory connections for heater have been installed. The truck does not have a/c. Right now the heater is not hooked up at all (items under the hood). I am in need of some advice on how to do this and the parts necessary. It may be as simple as explaining which heater hose connects where, ie. upper line to engine?? lower line to rad?? or vice versa and where / how is the heater control valve installed?? Any help (pictures, diagrams) would be very helpful. I have the Haynes Manual, but it is basically useless in terms of explaining the heater components.

Thanks!

Reply to
dojak

The return line goes to the water pump, 3/4 inch hose fitting part number BK

6601528. The supply line goes to the manifold 5/8 hose, fitting part number BK 6601508. The heater core part number for non AC is NHC6603025. these are Napa part numbers.. The heater control valve was in the return line and cable controlled. NAPA doesn't list a part number. However Stant, sold by discountautoparts.com parts, lists part number 20435 Many people added a manual shut off valve in the feed line to shut off flow in the summer time.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning