1985 1 Ton Chevy Van fan belt routing????

Hello,

I have been given the task of getting my parents 1985 motor home running so that it can be gotten rid of. My dad had a stroke a few years back and can't drive the thing anymore. So, they are donating it to some charity.

The thing is sitting on a 30 series Chevy Van chassis with a 350 small block. It hadn't been run for a few years. It would crank but wouldn't start. Turned out the carb was all fouled up and the float was sticking so I rebuilt the carb and it fired right up.

Then, I turned on the A/C, which I guess was frozen because it started to squeal, then that belt broke and in the process knocked off all the other belts. So, I should have quit while I was ahead.

Now, I can't figure out how to get all the belts back on or even what size the A/C belt is supposed to be as it was totally destroyed.

What I have is the A/C pump on the top driver side. The idler pulley is on the top center. On the top passenger side is the alternator. Below the alternator is a pump, not sure what kind.

On the driver's side bottom are two pumps below the A/C pump, one is probably the power steering pump and I guess the other one is the air pump. There are supposed to be three belts.

I went down the auto parts store and bought three belts, but two of them are not the same length as the two that were knocked off, but, it could have had the wrong belts on to begin with.

Anyway, if someone could tell me the routing and maybe even the belt lengths it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Clinton Jensen

ur CHEVY Dealer Has all that info

Auto Zone will also print out the Belt orintation

Cl> Hello,

Reply to
Santa

Reply to