1985 S-10 emission control quesitons

OK - here is my issue - I got a 1985 Chevy S-10, 4-wheel drive, 2.8 L V-6 engine. The emission control stuff has partially been removed when I got it. I replaced the valve cover gaskets today - and now the truck just does not run like it was - I am thinking it is a vacuum issues someplace.

What should I have and not have hooked up without a working emission control system?

EGR valve had nothing hooked up to it

This has a Early evaporation system (the heater under the carb) - do I want that?

the vacuum lines going to the air cleaner (4 of them) - I don't care if it takes 5 minutes to warm up - can I plus those holes?

what about the vacuum advance - where should the vacuum for that be taken from?

Basically - when I done, I would like a simple, good running engine - without all the "extra" stuff just hanging around that will never be used again.

Since a mechanic will touch it with a 10 foot pole because it is not "emission controlled" - I am trying to figure this all out for myself

- and I am sure their is someone out their that would be able to help e with this.

I live in Oregon, so the emission control system is not required in case you are wondering.

If you may be able to help at all - please write back at snipped-for-privacy@efn.org

Thanks

Reply to
Scptt

none2u

I just got the same truck here in california and a Haynes repair manual had enough information in it to check all that stuff.

BTW: Whats the point in redisgning your engine controls.

Reply to
Danny G.