1986 S-10

1986 chevy S-10, throttle body efi, 2.8l, 2 wheel drive, auto trans. fuse on juction box under hood on firewall will blow out about once every two weeks. starter turns motor but fuel is cut off. when I replace the fuse it starts and runs strongs for another two weeks or so then blows. have no clue to what could be blowing fuse..anyone else ever had this problem or know what it could be? tia.
Reply to
Chevy s. ten

wrap it up in some tinfoil

Reply to
mat_jones

Fuel pump pulling too many amps, and matt-jones should be locked in a cage with rabid dingos for his suggestion

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

nfoave.net...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

rotflmao

~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his shroomjuice .......~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

nfoave.net...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

The fuel pump wire runs UNDER the drivers side floor mat on many of the older S-10 models. The wire has a habbit of getting "rub through" after time. This could be cause of your symptom.

jest a guess....only a guess.....in case of a real emergency, contact yer local tech.

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a sip of his shroomjuice........sets out the traps fer some dingos~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

While matt's suggestion is not the recommended method, it WILL find the problem or the problem will find you :) Just have a fire extinguisher ready! And, have the positive terminal "twist off" tight so you can remove power when you see smoke :)

Reply to
Mike Copeland

My 89 s-10 ( same body Style) has only the DOME LIGHT wire and Rear=20 Speaker Wires under the MAT on the LEFT side

When I took my CAB off for RESTORing the Truck I replaced the CAB.=20 GUTTED IT, USED old Wireing Harness for the NEW CAB/

Fuel pump Wires were UNDER the CAB and Ran along The FRAME .

Tomorrow I will look again just to Be sure Which Side the Fuel pump=20 wires run along The FRame . My Guess is LEFT side since the Tank is on=20 the LEFT side . I do not know what Fuse the Guy is Talking about, Since My Fuse in=20 within the Fuse block inside The CAB

click 1st picture one time to = enlarge it, Then USS THE NEXT Button

Reply to
tom

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Tom, my bust...........I'm thinking of S-10 "Blazers". Your truck may not be wired the same. ooooooops.

that's bout as close to an apology as yer gonna git, or an admittal of posting bad info......!!

:)

~:~ marsh ~takes a slug of his crownroyal.......oh well....another mistake~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

you owe me No apology . Newsgroups are for Everyone to post there=20 info, Whether Correct or Not. It is up to the READER of the post to=20 take all Post into Consideration and ACT accordingly .

Reply to
tom

yes, THAT'S certAinly SOMETHING that's qUite TRUE

Reply to
Battleax

I was reading your message and i have a simular problem with my 87 S10 Blazer. it stopped pumping fuel on Sunday. i changed out the fuel pump and some oil pressure gas shut off sensor because it was cracked and leaking oil. i am stumped on why this blazer is not pumping fuel. where is this fuse box under the hood that i should look into. i happend to come accross a loose wire that i re grounded.... after i did all of this it ran for about an 1/2 hour.

thanks for your input.

Reply to
broncobillyaus

I was reading your message and i have a simular problem with my 87 S10 Blazer. it stopped pumping fuel on Sunday. i changed out the fuel pump and some oil pressure gas shut off sensor because it was cracked and leaking oil. i am stumped on why this blazer is not pumping fuel. where is this fuse box under the hood that i should look into. i happend to come accross a loose wire that i re grounded.... after i did all of this it ran for about an 1/2 hour.

thanks for your input.

87 does not havea fuse box under the hood.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

thanks for the input. it ended up being a fuse under the dash. i assume it must have blown when the fuel pump went out. thanks again for all the input. this site helped me out big time.

Billy.

Reply to
broncobillyaus

It suuuure would be nice to know what this fuse went too. :) ya know?

Reply to
ScottM