1988 Silverado

is there anything i should know about this truck?

Reply to
William C.

Yeah, the brakes suck!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

really?

Reply to
William C.

ROFL!

Reply to
Scott M

Just read down a bit. Doc is having some braking issues at the moment.

Reply to
Troy

You may have to help me off the floor, too, Scott! That was a good one, Doc!

Reply to
KB

He he he, read the string one up from this one entitled "Doc-Brake Job" and then the string a few below this one named "Update on Brake Problem." Sigh..........................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
William C.

Could we get a little more info, please? Engine size, tranny, # of miles, etc.

Reply to
KB

Reply to
William C.

Well, the trans will run you $1500-2000 if you're going auto. Do you have any idea as to what's been done to the truck? Expect to spend some money on a 15 year old vehicle!

Reply to
KB

The brakes are probably fubar too....he he hehehehehehe

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

message

well i have a automatic from a 92 truck i stole well stole is the wrong word see i fixed all the motor for some guy and he didn't pay me so i took out the tranny and he keep the truck and the judge let me keep the tranny heh

Reply to
William C.

the speedometer in this 88 doesn't really read correctly and it spins when i start it any fix for that?

Reply to
William C.

Reply to
William C.

get the 700r4 fixed.... swapping in a th350 will do nothing for you other than absolutely killing your mileage.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

is there any difference between it and the 4L60?

Reply to
William C.

no

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

also i noticed that the fuel gauge barely moves and i don't know the size of the fuel tank ,does anyone know if it is really big or just regular size,what is that year's regular size tank

Reply to
William C.

if it's a long box, it's probably got the 34 gal tank, if it's a short box, it probably has the 25 gal tank.

Reply to
Bret Chase