1989 S-10 Truck 2.5 liter won't start!

About 3 or 4 months my S-10 wasn't starting. It would crank over, but it wouldn't fire. If I would put gas in the throttle body it would start. This procedure was working up until 2 weeks ago. Now, it just cranks over. The S-10 has throttle body injection. Already replaced the fuel pump relay and fuel filter. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm not getting any codes either. Could this problem be related to the pick-up on the distributor or the computer?

Reply to
cj hupp

It may sound strange but...I once had a similar problem. The car would run fine once it started, but getting it to start cold was all but impossible. It turned out to be the coil. The spark was very weak. I suggest pulling a plug wire and looking for a good blue spark. If thats not it look at the coolant temp sensor and air intake temp sensor.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

I will try this out today before i leave for work thanks

Reply to
cj hupp

I checked the spark znd it is good.over the weekend i was going to change the pick-up on the distributor ,but before i did i tried starting it and it fired right up like nothing was wrong. i have been driving it for the last two days and havent had any problems.so i never changed the pick-up. i guess i will see if it happens again and then change the pick-up

Reply to
cj hupp