1989 S10, Window Off Track

Hey, All...

This is pretty foreign ground to me in the fact that I am relatively "car-dumb", however, I like to tinker and fix things myself. Seems like there is a lot of knowledge here.

My driver side window came off the track...basically fell down between the door. Well, I managed to get the panel and the window crank off. I thought I could simply "put the thing back on track", however, my engineering mind was not in the mood after 20 minutes of getting frustrated. I think I see the basic "philosophy" of the system, however, what is the sequence of events that need to happen for this puzzle to fall into place? I have searched the web, looking for diagrams...maybe I am missing something.

I should have trusted my instincts to come to Usenet first, because no matter the subject, I always get the solution here.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Holladay

Recently had to replace the plastic guide tabs on my driver side window on '89 S-10 Blazer...

Remove door handle (got a c-clip that holds it on, can by a tool from auto parts store for a few bucks to make it eaiser to remove), armrest, and all the door trim screws. Pull up on the door trim piece and it should pop up and off.

With the door panel off there should be some places where you can reach through and move the window up and out. Window has two guide clips that you can replace (couple bucks at local auto parts store, look at Help! section). The track the window normally sits in is actually two pieces about 8 inches long that sandwich the window and two screws join the pieces.

You can always remove the passenger side door trim and use that window as a reference to see how things go together.

Good luck. John

Reply to
John W.