1990 chevy suburban code 32

I have 1990 chevy suburban 350- 1500 -4x4 The service engine light comes on after 10 minutes of freeway driving and stays on till the engine is shut off. It only does this at high speeds. The light never comes on while driving around town.

I checked for codes and it is code" 32", suggesting the EGR circuit loop error. The obvious area to look is the EGR, but are there other cuases to trip this code?

Thanks in advance chris

Reply to
Chris Goodman

cabopeter

What is your exhaust system like, stock or modified IE flowmasters. I've had quite a few students pop an EGR code after reducing the back pressure in the system.

Reply to
Dan Calhoun

I am running a new exhaust system, JBA shortys and 70 Series flow master. But also had the same problem before upgrading the exhaust. I have a new crate engine 3 years ago with Edelbrock Aluminum heads. What Edelbrock used to call the power package. Over the last 5 years every sensor has been replaced, I am using edelbrocks matched chip, but had the same problem before upgrading to this package.

Dan Calhoun wrote:

Reply to
cabopeter