1990 chevy tran's

I have a 1990 Chevy auto Tran's, and it doesn't want to shift into second gear unless you rev the engine. Anyone know what might be wrong, or anyone know were I can get the answers.

-- Bob Noble Home of the PC-Newbie email list

Bob Noble

Depending upon mileage, which you don't state, and maintenance, which you don't state, and service, which you don't state, and engine, which you don't state, the problem just might be that you need a transmission rebuild. I suppose you could have a pan full of gunk and a clogged filter screen so I would try changing them just to see if it helped.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

Your forgot the most important part...................TYPE OF TRANSMISSION. It's gunna be a TH400 (3-speed) or TH700R-4 (4-speed).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

You're right, of course, Doc, but a guy that doesn't know what he doesn't know doesn't know what transmission he has. With a 14 year old product and those symptoms, he's probably at the tranny shop now getting screwed.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

It's always feels hard not to feel like your getting screwed when you can't afford the gas to run the vehicle, and then it breaks. The only way you wouldn't be in a nasty mood about it is if you got paid to fix it. :-)

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I have great confidence in older GM products, especially well maintained ones. By the time it's slipping though, the game is usually over. I sure don't have much confidence in newer GM products and never trusted a transmission shop.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

Good for you, you generalizing blow-hard (and that's toning it down considerably from the first draft).

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

TRANSMISSION.

Sure he does.......... 1-2-D it's a TH400, 1-2-D-OD it's a 700R4. It ain't rocket science..........

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"