1991 454 no fire

I have a 1991 454 that I cannot get spark. Have replaced the coil, plugs, cap, button & wires. When it quit, I was going down the road and she just died.

Reply to
jtudor

Ignition module? ECM?

Reply to
Augustus

if you have fuel, check for spark. if it is barely there or non- existent, you can take your ecm and coil to the parts house to be tested. if they check out fine look at the crank sensor. We have seen a lot of crank sensors going out lately. good luck

Reply to
chris

Ignition module in the distributor and or pick up coil in the distributor. Also the "magnets" have a habit of cracking, again in the distirbutor.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Have the ignition module tested. Inspect it for a white powdery substance, of which can be carbon track, which provides the path of least resistant to electronic components. Also, check for this substance on the inside of the distributor, under the cap and under the rotor button. It may be worth it to invest in a spark tester.

Reply to
usarmyrangrs