1992 Chevy C1500 pickup vibration

At around 40mph, there is a vibration that occurs. If you speed up or slow down a little bit, it goes away. I don't believe it's the tires or wheels because new ones have been installed since we noticed this. What else would you look for?

Reply to
MASTER Brian

Check the rear transmission mount. If it's bad replace it with the factory part only.

Reply to
Battleax

Well this is normally a wheel/Tire problem! If you had the problem before the new tires were put on, and it's doing the exact same thing, then I would guess a bent wheel. Happens all the time, People hit curbs on the Right front like crazy. Sometime you bend the rim on the inside. It doesn't take much. Take it to a Shop that has a Hunter 9700 Road force Machine. Go here to find a Shop near you!

This Machine has a Large Roller behind it that puts a large force onto the tire Simulating Driving down the road. It will tell you if you have a Bad Tire or wheel. Believe me, you can have a NEW tire be BAD! A Normal Tire Balance machine can't do what the Hunter one can! It's also very good at just balancing a tire correctly. Very Accurate. If you have a tire pull problem, you can Road force all your tires and it'll tell you where to place them on the Car to get the least amount of tire pull, or where to place them on the car for the best Balance possible. It does many things a Normal Tire Balancer can't!

At the very least it can rule out a Tire/Wheel problem.

"MASTER Brian" wrote in message news:WQemg.42800$fG3.1158@dukeread09...

Reply to
JBDragon

The vibration could be caused by worn drive shaft U-joints...just did mine.

Reply to
fill_eh

thanks for the ideas, I'll look into both of them.

Reply to
MASTER Brian

Is it an extended cab long bed? Have you greased the drive shaft junction thingy under the center of the truck?

Lena

Reply to
Lena

No, it's a standard cab, long bed.