1992 plymounth voyoger air condition

My air condition cut in & out that won't even cool the van. I check freon is full. and pressure when compressor running show normal. I replaced compressor still doing the same thing. I retropit to 134 still doing the same thing. need help

Reply to
greg405

did you replace the capilary tube? its a small filter that is in the ac line. if thats clogged then the compressor will cycle on and off .

Reply to
seeray28

hahahaha

'capilary tube' in a Voyager ???

you haven't ever worked on a Mopar AC system, have you ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

replace the H-block (expansion valve assembly) and get on with life...........

Reply to
TranSurgeon

nope I try to stay away from those things. just trying to help

Reply to
seeray28

i replaced h-block when i replaced my compressor but still doing the same thing

gre

Reply to
greg405

Take a look under the dash on the right side for a temp cycle switch. I think that chrysler will have one. Some can be adjusted to cycle at a lower temp. You can use a 12v test light to see if thats it or just listen for a click from it when it cycles.

Reply to
Scott M

Ok he says he has replaced the H-block and compressor and of course he replaced the filter dryer as well. He further states the pressures are correct. Being this is a Chrysler product, if everything he says is correct, then I would be looking at the heater control valve, no blend door on this model. If the valve isn't closing, then the evaporator is fighting with the heater core, which can cause pressures to go out of whack at the sensor at the H-Block causing the compressor to cycle like mad.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning