1994 chevy truck idles too low

My 94 chevy truck with a 305 idles at 500 rpm in drive with brake on. Idles at about 800 in neutral. When I hit the gas it spits and spuuters. If I ease into the gas it takes off fine. Once it is running down the road, everything is fine. I was gonna just turn up the idle screw, but there is no access to the head of the screw 9welch plug covering it). So what is causing the low idle? Throttle position sensor or something?

Reply to
TommySparks1

====== ======

. .

Marsh Monster

====== ======

okay....wanna guess??

EGR system is carboned up or not working.

or... the Eng. Temp Sensor

in that order, but that's only a guess from the shop idiot.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal..........needs more shrooms~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

======= =======

Ronald Thompson wrote: Possibly broken vacuum line?

====== ======

Not likely.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his shroom juice~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I changed the sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, distributor cap, rotor and a suspicious vacuum line. It still spits and sputters when I press the accelerator hard. I am going to pull the EGR valve as soon as the engine cools down. Thanks for the response, any other ideas, please dont hesitate to post, I am no mechanic. Thanks.

Reply to
Guppy

I changed the sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, distributor cap, rotor and a suspicious vacuum line. It still spits and sputters when I press the accelerator hard. I am going to pull the EGR valve as soon as the engine cools down. Thanks for the response, any other ideas, please dont hesitate to post, I am no mechanic. Thanks.

Reply to
Guppy

My water temp gauge is reading fine, so would that rule out the engine temp sensor? Or are there 2 engine temp sensors?

Reply to
Guppy

My water temp gauge is reading fine, so would that rule out the engine temp sensor? Or are there 2 engine temp sensors?

Reply to
Guppy

I removed EGR valve, sucked on hole and the diaprgm decompressed. I held it for 15 seconds, it did not appear to leak out. I think EGR is fine.

Reply to
Guppy

I need alot of interior parts for this truck as well. What are the names of some of the companies that sell this sort of stuff?

Reply to
Guppy

snip

This indicates a lack of fuel delivery. The pressure at the throttle body will have to be checked, maybe fuel filter, injectors....

Reply to
Battleax

Battleax

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

I changed the fuel filter and there is no difference. I am gonna change the fuel pump this weekend and see what happens.

Reply to
Guppy