1996-Present 454-7.4-8.1 Suburban Engine

I looking for information on the differences in the fuel injection for the

1996-Present 454-7.4-8.1 Chevy Suburban. Mainly the throttle body. When did it change to the electronic throttle cable. Can anyone offer and help.
Reply to
Don Suker

They went to multipoint injestion on most engines in 97/ As far as "Drive by Wire", about all had been changed over by 2002. My 2000 old style K3500 is still drive by cable and I personally like it that way.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

No kidding. Just because you floor doesn't mean you will go wide open. Only if the computer will let you. Just a little too intrusive for me.

Reply to
Sigwings

Yes and that why when Westers sell their custom tunes, they increase the rate at which throttle opens and how far too in relation to your foot movement on a drive by wire car and enhancing the apparent power gain more and making it seem like more than it really is.

Reply to
TheSnoMan