1996 S-10 Fuel Odor

I need help in locating the source of a fuel odor. It comes and goes but is most prevelant when the truck has been setting in the hot Florida sun for a while. I do smell it occasionally at other times and at times it is quite strong. I have looked at the fuel lines that I can see and have not found evidence of any fuel leaking on them.

Please help me.

Reply to
Earl Beachler
1996 S-10 Fuel Odor Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Nov 2, 2003, 7:17pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Earl=A0Beachler) I need help in locating the source of a fuel odor. It comes and goes but is most prevelant when the truck has been setting in the hot Florida sun for a while. I do smell it occasionally at other times and at times it is quite strong. I have looked at the fuel lines that I can see and have not found evidence of any fuel leaking on them. Please help me.

Could be anything....Bad gas cap,fuel filter,Pressure regulator,injector,fuel rail,fuel pump seal......Try this trun your key to the run position dont start the engine....Check your fuel lines ,and your fuel rail ....your rail has your injectors and regulator on them which have been known to blow O rings.

Turn the key off if all is good check your fuel pump at the connections and seal....If all is good the your have to direct your attention to the evap system....Do a repost and tell us what you find.... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook