1996 Z71 chevy truck Cam shaft sensor problem.

I have a 96 chevy truck that has been giving the cam shaft sensor code. I replace the sensor but the code (light) is still on. Some one told me that the Mass air flow sensor could be setting the this code also. I looks like it is connected to the cam shaft sensor some how in the schematic. How can I fix this problem? I want to be sure the MAS sensor is bad before replacing it ($130).

PS the truck has a new rebuilt motor and transmission in it. But it does not run just right. idels rough, and it feels like it shifts out of gear sometimes when I let off the gas peddle.

How can I fix it? MX

Reply to
Max