1997 chevy s-10 fuel guage buried way after full even when empty.

I have a 1997 chevy s-10 fuel guage buried way after full even when empty. when emergency flasers are on guage needle will bounce a small bit. Any ideas on something I could try myself ? Installed a new stereo not long ago, I dont know if that could be the cause.

Thank you

Ed

Reply to
Eddie