1999 1500 suburban noise

Hello all! I have a 1999 1500 Suburban with about 110K on it. It runs fine, but there is a noise when I stop. It sounds like (as best I can describe it) a shock sticking and then letting loose as the CG shifts back when the truck stops moving forward . It sounds as if it coming from the rear somewhere. It's pretty loud and VERY noticeable. I've replaced all the bushings between the leafs on the springs and I've also replaced the shocks. Sometime the noise is very bad other times it's not there. One other thing, it only makes the noise when the transmission is in gear. If I put it in "N" and stop no matter how hard, there is NO noise. I've checked the trans mount, and everything else I could think of. Any suggetions would be helpful.

Virgil

Reply to
Virgil Blasingame

Have you checked the yolk and U-joints?

Reply to
smoove

Thanks for the suggestion!

No, I have not. Is this a symptom of a failure mode of those components? There is no clunk when shifting into gear, so I assume the u-joints are OK. I will check, however. What do I need to check on the yolk?

Virgil

somewhere.

Reply to
Virgil Blasingame