1999 Chevy K1500 Fuel Pump

I have a 1999 Chevy K1500 that I have recently bought. I love the truck but the electric fuel pump makes a fairly loud whining sound when running. If you turn the key to the on position it will whine until the pressure is built up, then it stops making noise. As soon as it's started again the whining is back. I'm being told that this is normal for some Chevy truck models. Does this sound right? Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Only worry when it stops whining! Most Chevys of this vintage whine. Mine does, and has for the last 3 years. tad

Reply to
ottertailfamily

No worries.

Reply to
Nunya

Hi!

The noise is certainly normal. Some trucks are louder than others, but all of them do it to some degree.

William the Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh