1999 Chevy S-10 4x4 Front Wheel Hub Failure

I have a 1999 Chevy S-10 that has 47,000 on the odometer. I have experience hub noise the last two weeks. (Thought it was in the back but wheel noises are hard to pionpoint).Move the steering wheel slightly right and noise lessens, go around a slight left curve and the noise worsens. It turns out that the passenger side hub was bad.

Recently, I made a trip to New York City via I-78. On the return trip in the rain I hit a nasty pot hole doing at least 55 that I couldn't see in the driving rain storm. I am a little surprised that this has caused a bearing failure since there was apparently no other damage.

My repair cost at a dealer is about $500. If the driver side ever goes, I may do the repair myself. I posted this for info because of some of the other posts in this and other NG concerning premature failure of this component.

Reply to
Larry Miller

I've had a 94 Jimmy since 98, when it had 60,000 miles on it. I've since put 50,000+ miles on the truck and I'm not so sure the front hubs have been replaced even once.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Larry Miller