1999 Silverado Sucking Noise

Has anyone experienced a suckiing noise coming from the engine area? It is really noticable when I am towing, however, it happens when Im not also.

Chris Hinton

Reply to
Chris

Yes, it's the sound of my 5.7 sucking the gas from the tank at the rate of 10mpg!!!

Seriously, I had a crack in the air cleaner intake housing (that stupid plastic thing that attaches to the air cleaner) and it made a sucking-type sound whenever I stepped on it hard.

A bit of JB Weld and it went away.

I would assume that towing puts add'l stress on the engine - perhaps that could be it, but I would also check vaccuum as well.

Rick K

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Nobody