2000 astro rear heat

My van seems to have air coming form the blower in the rear(actually behind dirvers seat). Nothing but cold air. Upon inspection after removing the panel everything looks good and tight. The heater core was replaced by the previous owner due to a collision. My main question is that under the van there seems to be a canister looking thing that is attached by rubber hose to the heater core. Is this an electric on demand kind of water heater>??Or where does the core get its heated water??

Blaine

Reply to
Toppy