2000 chevy S-10 blazer 2WD

I have an electrical problem:When the vehicle is running the brake lights are on all the time, & the right turn signal does not work but the left side does(front & back outside & inside the car for both). I've replaced the bulbs - that did not help at all. The vehicle can be off & keys removed - but if I step on the brake it has all the instrument lights in the dash & outside lights , radio, etc...... come on light I was getting ready to start the car. On, off, on ,off as I press & lift, press & lift. I have been told it is the brake light switch by some or the turn signal switch by others. I would like to only replace what I need to.......but don't know if it's another problem or one of the 2 switches. brake light switch is much cheaper than the turn signal combo switch(cruise, turn signal, hazards) Thanks in advance thejohnforcefan

Reply to
thejohnforcefan

Many years ago I had the same problem on an old 64 chevy

it turn out that I had a Taillight Bulb in which the Filiment was shorted to the Brake light filiment..

I changed the bulb and all was fine.

you also could have the Brake light/ signal light Wire shorted to a tail light wire .

Do u have a Trailer Harness plug on the Vehicle ?

Reply to
tom

Trailer hitch wiring faults would be the first place i'd look. Poorly installed aftermarket electronics ( radios , players ect..) the second. I do not think the brake switch is the problem. Could be the turn signal switch.

Reply to
samstone

Could be the brake switch -- my 2001 s-10 had similar problems, the dealer replaced the brake switch, and everything was fixed.

Reply to
Tockk