2000 Chevy Tahoe Dome Lights won't go off/come on while driving

I have a 2000 Tahoe that has a 1999 body with some 2000 additions. The 2000 Tahoe wiring diagram doesn't match nor does the 1999 completely so the Tahoe is a hybrid.

The dome lights will come on during the night by themselves. While driving, they will come on and off going over bumps, accellerating or stopping, even when opening or closing the driver's side window. The dome overide switch on the headlight module will shut them off and keep them off as long as it is active.

I took it to my mechanic and he talked to several dealer mechanics trying to figure it out after he tested the door switches, etc. No luck. The dealers said to replace the driver's door switch, (done twice), replace the headlight swith with overide switch, (done) and the remote entry module (done). They even found a hot wire to a cd changer that was removed from the truck but never disconnected under the hood. After all this, the lights still come on and all mechanics are stumped.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?

Reply to
DLPETE

Check the distance from the Door panel to the dome light switch. You may have to shim up the switch or the bumber on the door panel. I think the plastic dash has a tendancy to shrink and move over time.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

to shim up the switch or the bumber on the door panel.

Thanks for the suggestion. I went out to take a look and found my mechanic had already added some shims. The dome light is now on 24/7.

Reply to
DLPETE