2000 Express a/c install

I have a 2000 Express cargo van and the a/c compressor needs to be replaced and I would like to do it myself. I have done some minor automotive repair: starters, alternators, radiators, stuff like that and I am quite proficient with most hand tools. For someone who has done it, how difficult of a job is it? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
321zyx

To just slap a compressor on it, cake walk. To do the job right requires some specialized tools. The system has to be evacuated. Besides the compressor, the accumulator needs to be replaced as well as the orifice tube. The system should be flushed, especially if the compressor was making noise or seized up. The correct amount of the correct oil poured in the evap, accumulator, and condenser, and compressor. (New Delphi compressors come prefilled with the correct amount). And then a good vacuum before charging. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning