2000 S-10 Won’t Shut Off

I have a 2000 S-10 that won?t shut off when the key is turned off. I can remove the key and it still runs. Lately it has been staying on for about 7-12 minutes. I?m trying to figure out what the problem is. Is it the ignition switch? And if it is what do I need to change that and how difficult would that be. Thank you for any help that you can give.

Reply to
iwuchris

Greetings,

Most likely this is a bad ignition switch or maybe even pinched wires in the switch harness that are shorting together. Replacing the ignition switch (I believe) requires disabling the airbag and removing the steering wheel and column housing. Honestly, I think this is a job best left to a pro - but that's just me.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan