2000 silverado tranny

Hey gents, been awhile wince posting or reading, but I have a friend with a problem...

2000 Silverado 2WD w/5.3L with the tranction assist. Not sure what tranny exactly...

He replaced the tranny, the other imploded after 4 years of towing his racecar. He's pretty mechanically inclined, but on a trip down the interstate, his tranny dropped out of gear and wouldn't go back in. Only a couple of hundred miles on tranny. Is there anything that would have caused this that might have come loose after the install? Any electrical connections or mechaical items that could have been bumped or broken?

Just trying to help a good friend out. I apologize in advance for not knowing the specific tranny, I will try to get it for you. Any questions you have I'll try to get answered for you.

Reply to
Dirty White Boy