2000 Silverado Z71

What is a Z71? I bought a used 1500 Silverado. It is not 4wd. Dealer said they made a few Z71's that were not 4wd. I also can not get my insurance company to get the correct name. They list it as a 1500HD after I gave them the Vin. The dealer lists it as a 3-door on the recall to get the tailgate straps replaced. It is a 4-door.

Is there anyway to get the window sticker from GM that anybody knows of?

Reply to
Bill B

Its an option package that depending on the year has bilsten shocks, skid plates, etc. Its sort of a combined option, you can order the skid plates and such individually or order the z71 package and get them all together. IIRC z71 wasn't available until very recently on 2wd's but sometimes dealers stick the z71 sticker on other trucks to get the higher resale value. Check the sticker in the glove box to see if the z71 code is listed.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Reply to
Bill B

Yep. you will see a whole bunch of three character codes. z71 should be there if you really do have the package. You can search for "rpo decoder" and find several sites where you can plug in all those rpo codes and see what they mean. A dealer can dun the VIN and get the list of codes also.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Reply to
Bill B

There is a large round eraser thing that goes in a die grinder, a drill might work to if its a high rpm one. Keep it moving so you don't burn the paint. They work very well.

Reply to
ShoeSaleman