2001 Blazer Bose CD Changer

I have a 2001 4x4 4Dr Blazer with the Bose system. I have the factory 6 disc changer in my console and the Bose radio with the tape player in the dash.

One of the white slide things in the cd cartridge slid out while in the player and I can't get my cartridge out. I've had it to my local dealer THREE times and he has failed to address it either time. The nearest sound place to me is almost an hour, so I'm gonna try to do it myself.

How do I get the changer out? It looks like it's in a frame holder with two screws in the front and two in the back. I opened a little panel on the back of the console to gain access to the rear screws. The only way I can see to get to the front screws is to remove either the change holder or the tray in the opening that holds cd's and tapes. Am I on the right track? If I can get these four screws out, can I just lift the player up and out? At least if I can get the player out, I can drop it off at a place to get my stuck discs out if I can't do it.

Reply to
Chuck

@bright.net...

Do I have to pull out either the change holder or the tape/cd holder? The tape/cd holder looks like it's a 2 piece part and doesn't look like it will come out or go back in easily. I don't see any other way to the front bolts.

Reply to
Chuck

Reply to
David Rennick