2001 Chevy Tahoe power steering lost

Threaded View

Hi all

My 2001 Chevy Tahoe has lost its power steering.
I checked the fluid and it is at the correct level.
All belts seem to be intact and in good working order.

This happened suddenly last night - I think when I was taking a hard
left turn.

Any ideas what else I can check to determine what is at fault? I don't
have a service manual.
Is there any relay or electrical component to the power steering?

Thanks

Habs

Re: 2001 Chevy Tahoe power steering lost

Release the belt tension and see if you can move the PS pump pulley
in/out. Could be a broken pump drive shaft. Seen that more than once.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Re: 2001 Chevy Tahoe power steering lost

Thanks - I'll let you know what I find.

Re: 2001 Chevy Tahoe power steering lost

The shaft had broken in the pump - new pump - problem fixed.

Site Timeline