2001 K2500 4WD Suburban stalling problem

Only seems to happen when the wife drives it... Just kiddin'.... It happened today with her and one week ago with me. Once under acceleration on freeway and once just driving normally. Happened once last year wile decelerating and turning a residential corner (no foot on gas).

Truck engine just dies.... If you try to start it right after it happens, it just turns over very well, but no ignition. If you wait 15-30 sec., it starts right up and runs fine again. I think I remember checking for DX codes when it happened a year ago and they found nothing (AutoZone).

Battery cables are intact, just cleaned the Mass airflow sensor and it has had a K&N FIPK on it for past 2 years.

Other issue with intermittent ABS light...... but seems unrelated.....

thoughts? suggestions?

Dr. R in AZ

Reply to
Dr. R in AZ

Sigwings

Would a fuel pump give such an intermittent problem? I would think that it would be an "all or none" scenario.

I found some info

) that it may be a crankshaft position sensor issue based on similar complaints with other people.

Dr. R in AZ

Reply to
Dr. R in AZ

These were the same kind of symptoms I had before getting my fuel pump replaced. Very intermittent at first then progressively worse. Just a guess.

Reply to
Sigwings

I had the same problem,although it has a 96 S-10

4.3 . It was the fuel pump located in the gas tank. Didn't feel like doing it myself it ended up $600 + to have replaced.

Reply to
rb

Update on intermittent stalling.....

Took it to the Chevy dealer, no codes stored; they suggested to clean the MAF and air intake manifold. Did not fix the problem. Happened again. Took it back to Chevy dealer and the truck stalled for them and they were able to get a DX code on it then. It was the crankshaft position sensor.

The second time I took it back, I did some research online and told them that from what I found on the net, it sounded like a CPS, they didn't think so.....

Parts and Labor under $200.

Dr. R in AZ

Reply to
Dr. R in AZ

I've got a similar problem in a 2000 S10. My daughter's Chevy S10 truck, after driving for a bit, apparently stalls to a very slow acceleration rate. The oil pressure drops very low at the same time. Then, for the rest of her drive (a short one usually) she can only go 20 mph. This has only happened twice, and I can not duplicate it myself. I checked the oil level - it is fine and it's not dirty oil. Coolant is fine; Auto trans fluid fine; air filter fine. I'm wondering if there is some corelation to the heat - If she's driving for a long time this may be the cause. Hard to tell with only two instances. Was wondering if it could be the oil pump, the fuel injection system, or the fuel filter. Any ideas?

Thanks Brian

Reply to
Brian