2001 Silverado - ABS

My 2001 Silverado 4x4 has the ABS kicking on occasion on very slow stops for no apparent reason. Since this problem is intermittant, when I took it to a service center, the problem could not be duplicated by the technician. He did check the codes and it showed a C0281. (BRAKE SWITCH / STOP LAMP SW CIRCUIT) I am not certain if this code could be related to the problem I am experiencing.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Casey

you need to either replace or clean the front wheel speed sensors....if you want to find out which one is causing the problem, and you have access to a meter, simply ohm out each one to start.. something like 1000 to 2000 ohms..then put front wheels up in the air and spin each wheel while measuring a/c voltage on the sensors... as long as you are spinning them at the same speed, the one with the lowest voltage is causing the problem.... you have to pull the wheel,caliper, and rotor minimum to get to the sensor, maybe a backing plate, and remove the allen bolt and carefully pull the sensor out... remove the rust buildup with a small machine file while keeping the surface as flat as possible... when cleaned off, and maybe a few thousands removed from the mounting pad, reinstall the sensor.. all done.... takes about 1/2 hr a wheel.... any thing else?????? Bobo

Reply to
Bobo