2001 Silverado Anti-Lock Brakes

I recently had the brake pads replaced on my 2001 Silverado. The brakes work fine except for the ABS feature. The ABS kicks in at low speeds on dry non-slippery surfaces, making it difficult to stop at low speeds. They work fine above 2-3 mph. What could cause this. I believe the ABS sensors are fixed in the hubs, and that I have to replace the hubs to replace the sensors.

Reply to
bpolitz

True, the sensors are in the hubs. Most likely you have a bad sensor. It will have to be put on a Scan tool to see which senor is bad.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Woodcock

You don't have to replace the hubs, often the problem is caused by rust behind the sensor mount, pull the sensors out, clean the rust off and reinstall the sensors. Bob

Reply to
Bob