2001 Silverado Pickup Cap

A friend of mine has a cap that went on his 2001 GM Silverado and he wants to know if it'll fit on other models and years.

It measures approximately 101"x71"x22".

He's wondering what a used one is worth... ballpark figure.

TIA

Reply to
Need Help

All I can tell you is that the Lear cap I have on my '03 Silverado was designed specifically for that year/model.

V.B.

Reply to
V.B.

Most are designed for one body style, Silverado the bes style is the same from 99 to current, depending on the bed length. Is it fiberglass or aluminum? Fiberglass can go from $500 up used and aluminum will be much less.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Lear changed their cap for the new design in 2003.

V.B.

Reply to
V.B.

It is a fiberglass. Any way of telling if it is a BES or Lear cap? All it says on it is A.R.E. I believe it was used on a 2000 and 2003 Silverado pick-up.

Reply to
Need Help

Hi!

It's neither...A.R.E. is a separate company, FAIK:

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

ARE Fiber Glass caps are 'The Good Stuff'.......

They are custom fitted for a Model line.... Value about $500 used...

I own a 2001 ARE Silverado 6.5' box Cap....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Well, theres how you tell, its an ARE not a Leer or BES :)

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Leer may have but GM didn't change the bed design so a Leer from 99 up will still fit a truck from 99 up

Reply to
Eugene Nine

I wish their Tonneau covers were 'The good stuff', mine is a 2004 model and the paint is cracking in several spots.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Maybe GM didn't change the bed design, but they changed the shape of the back of the cab (more curve) and the cap was changed to match the curve.

V.B.

Reply to
V.B.

Check the dimensions on the upfitter site, the shape of the back of the cab is the same. Only thing that changes was the front sheet metal and the tail lights.

Reply to
Eugene Nine