2001 silverado sparkplug question

re: 5.3 01 Silverado 4x4 How the heck can I get the plug wires off. They are seized on the plugs. I have tried various pliers to no avail. Do they make a special plug wire tool for this engine?

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

I have the baby 4.9 V-8 in my 2003, but had the same problem. Twisting didn't work, couldn't get a good grip on the shell. Mine does however have an aluminum tube around the plug boot. The boot slides inside the tube and over the plug. I pulled mine by using needlenose pliers to grab the tube and wiggle it back against the boot.,

Probably not the approved method, but it worked and I didn't even ding the tubes.

John

Reply to
John