2002 Chevy S10 rear left turn signal/brake light does not work

Hi Folks:

I just discovered yesterday that my left tail light's turn-signal and brake depress does not work. My left turn signal works on the front of my truck but it clicks twice as fast a the right one (which works).

I tried going under the glove compartment where the wiring was to see if something got jarred loose over a bump, etc.. I could not find anything except for a little black box that was making the loud double-click sound (I could feel the vibration on that little box). I could not see any loose wires, etc...

Any idea what this could be??? My truck is fairly new (only 1.5 years old and 19000 miles). Maybe the bulb just burned out??? Unfortunately, I'll have to drive around a week or so like this as the dealerships are booked

7-8 days before they can get to you...

Any idea how much I'm looking at to have this repaired?

thanks in advance!!!

Reply to
tk

the problem is probably at the rear light itself, it should cost nothing cause of the 3year/36k mile warranty.

Reply to
Scott

Yes but what's your best bet Scott?

I'm wondering if it isn't a dead short in the filament? That does really strange things.... Extra load (dead short) would make it blink faster, it obviously can't light up. I had a duel filament bulb in my truck that did that, chewed up 3 20amp fuses before ol' kj figured it out

Yup 3 fuses, 2 bulbs (the bulb base was junk, rotated on the glass) 20 minutes, and a plethora of cussing If you have a multimeter, or a test light, there good friends.....

Reply to
KJ

===================== That sounds like a good guess to me. At the end of a 15 foot piece of 20 gauge wire, going through a OEM flasher, a short to ground would probably cause that problem and posibly not blow the fuse right away.

Reply to
Scott

That sounds like a good guess to me. At the end of a 15 foot piece of 20 gauge wire, going through a OEM flasher, a short to ground would probably cause that problem and posibly not blow the fuse right away.

Reply to
Scott

There was a recall campain that involved the 4-way flasher switch on the top of the column that would make the turn signals and brake lights do some wierd things. Something to look at....

************************************************* Anti-SPAM disclaimer: Receiving this transmission does not give the recipient the license to: attach (i.e. chain letters, bulk-mailers, etc;) give, loan, sell or otherwise transfer my address without my expressed permission. Oh Yeah did I remenber to mention: SPAM SUCKS!!!!!
Reply to
Ray the wrencher

Just replace the bulb..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall