2002 S-10 fuel filter again

Hi Ian I read the responses to my original post and enjoyed them. My question is why the heck does a curcuit run thru the oil sensor at all....it must do something.....I thought the relay sent power thru it and it was bypassed by the computer for startup for a few seconds...and would kill the engine if pressure failed. Also....I found out a fuel filter for this thing costs over $40! Guess it has something to do with being a flex fuel engine ...or...the fact that it has 2 pipes going into the inlet, and maybe the thing circulates back to the tank from there and has a back pressure valve in the filter???? Thaniks for all the info...Thanks to everyone....Pete

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Reply to
Pete

The circuit through the oil sender is just a back up. If the fuel pump relay dies while you're out of town you still get to drive it home. It will probably start hard but you can still dive it. Without that second circuit you're calling a tow truck. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Pete