2002 S10 AC defrost

I just got a 2002 S10 extended cab LS truck and i have a question on the AC defrost. In most vechicles i have had, when the Defog is turned on the AC comes on to help, and if it does not come on, other vehicles have a AC button to push and turn it on. It does not seem that this truck does not have ether of these features. When i turn on the defog only non AC air comes out of the defrost vents, AC compressor is off. Question? Is this normal or is there a problem with the system.

Thanks

Reply to
Max Rivera

bobo

The AC works, fine, excecpt in the DEFOG mode. When i turn on the DEFOG I only get cab tempature air, even when the tempature controll is set for cold.

Reply to
Max Rivera

Reply to
news.adelphia.net

I did find that the compressor does kick on when i put the switch in defrost mode, but no cold air is coming out of the defrost vent, when i select cold. If i put it on ac mode it blows cold air. I did take it to the dealer, still under warranty and they are going to look at it.

Reply to
Max Rivera