2002 silverado hidden feature...maybe!!!!

Well, either this is a hidden feature or my truck has a wiring issue.

The other day I was messing around withmy dome oevrride button and I pushed it 4 times in a row and the I heard a chime and the damn headlights went out,... Yes I was driving at night when I did this..... so , I hurried up and pressed the button 4 times again and it chimed and they turned back on. I got home and messed around with the truck parked and running. It seems that this diasables the automatic headlights feature. The manual switch still operated the lights after the button is pressed 4 times in a row,.

Did anyone else know about this?? I do not remember reading about it in the manual.

Oh well, nice feature for hunting and comming home late.

John

Reply to
John Di Filippo Jr.

Yep, You will find that in your owners manual.

Reply to
Dick

Yes this is a little known feature. I have a 2002 Chevy S-10 and was always wondering how to turn the headlights off while waiting to pick up kids at there sporting events and etc.... without first shutting off engine and restarting. A friend told me to try that and it works. I read my manual through several times and have not ever seen it in there.

Good Find! :-)

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hart

In my manual it is in the section called "Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)", under Exterior Lamps (Index: Lamps, Exterior).

Reply to
Dick

Did you mean "sneaking" home late? :)

Reply to