2002 Silverado low beams

The other night, I noticed that my headlights weren't working; both at the same time. I thought it was odd that they would both go out together, but called around and verified that unless it was a fuse problem that it was likely to be the bulbs themselves.

I realized that there were different bulbs for the low and high beams, so I checked the high beams. They worked. I replaced the low beam bulbs. They still didn't work.

So, the question: Assuming that all of the fuses are alright and that I put in the correct bulbs, what other reason(s) could there be for my low beams to go out, but not my high beams? Someone told me that it might be the "multi-function switch" in the steering column; the one that works the blinkers and that the high- and low-beams are selected with.

Is that likely the culprit? If so, it sounds like a pretty expensive part. Are there other possibilities?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
HaloStatue

You might have a headlight relay thats bad.

Reply to
kevin weaver

The dimmer switch at the base of the steering column in the cab by brake pedal could be bad.

Reply to
Dirty White Boy