2002 Silverado Truck No Headlights and question about no start problem

Hello all I have a 2002 Silverado Z71 1500 HD sportsbed The questions I have are I just noticed that my automatic Headlights as well as the switch on headlights are not working I tried replacing any fuses (found no bad ones) than the relay (switched it out with one that was working (no help) The daytime running lights do work and the Highbeams do work just no low beams in either mood(auto or manual) Any Ideas or where to check next? Im thinking the blinker switch on the steering colum mutli switch (expensive) Please help if you can

Now the weird problem Every now and then it wont start

Reply to
imatoolman

Not sure about the no start issue, but for the Headlights, maybe something simple like two bad bulbs? When I was working in my uncles garage YEARS ago, I had a customer come in with only HighBeams working. The Low Beams had burned out on both. Had to replace both headlights and all was well.

Good Luck Jim

Reply to
JM

I have to agree, take out the bulbs and check them. My wife's Trailblazer had 2 burned out headlight low beams, weirdest thing was they were checked a few days before along with all the other lights for safety.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Thanks I did that 1st thing I just forgot to post it Replaced lamps and no lights still

Reply to
imatoolman

Hello again I just posted about a no headlight condition and have found something new to add There is an amber blub on my drivers side right next to the parking light (I thought it was part of the parking light but its not) This blub is out, could this be affecting the headlights from coming on? by one blub being out? Thanks

Reply to
imatoolman

What is a blub?

Reply to
Bob M

Not likely, seems it would be a safety thing (besides poor design) to have the lights go out because of a small dash light. BTW its bulb, not blub. Do the running lights work?

Reply to
ScottM

Ever since the 99/2000 Silverados, the head lights and some other running lights were

turned on by the computer. Your fix may require a 'Computer lights on"

check/test at a Chev Dealer. The dash switches tell the computer what to do...

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Hey Thanks This might be what is needed to be done Can I just go into any dealer and ask them to check the computer for headlight turn on is working? The word Blub likes to come out in me I don't know why LOL Thanks again Could this be a result of over rpms I did have to start the truck once or twice with starter fluid and by holding the throttle body open a bit to get a no gas flow to work again so truck would stay running at this time the motors rpm went pretty high before I could kick it down Then I noticed the check engine light came on but went out after a few miles could this have done in the computer for lights because they did work before this happened, looking for solution to this problem Thank You again

Reply to
imatoolman

OK did the small running light "bulb" change and still no good Just a stab in the dark at this point lol. The daytime runners are working and dash sensor is functioning as it should as well as the headlamp switch ( Daytime lights go out when switch is turned to light setting or when I blackout the sensor on dash)

Reply to
imatoolman