2002 Tahoe Won't Start On first Turn

Hello all! I have a 2002 Tahoe with 167K's miles. Until about a month ago I notice that the truck doesn't start on the first key turn like it used to.It may take between 3-5 seconds before the engine starts. The truck had a tune up last November and I changed the fuel filter 2 weeks ago. I would have no problem when the truck sits overnite and it would start on the first turn. But if it sits for about 15 minutes after shutting down, it would take longer to start. What could be the problemZ? Easy fix? I am mechanically inclined if not too difficult. Any help appreciated. Thx. Gardena, Ca.

Reply to
McGyvr62

Any codes?

Reply to
Augustus

No codes.

Reply to
McGyvr62

I remember the same thing happened with my 01 Sonoma, it did that for a month or so before the fuel pump started to go out. Have a fuel pressure test done. Fuel pumps are very expensive.

Reply to
Dan Calhoun

Fuel pressure regulator - had the exact problem on my '99 and my cousin's 2000 - its up on the fuel rail - pull the vacuum line and check for gas - you can get this part for about $50 - just Google fuel pressure regulator - you'll find a ton of posts!

- > Hello all! I have a 2002 Tahoe with 167K's miles. Until about a month

Reply to
HOMER308

Well all!

I took off the Fuel Pressure Regulator and took it with me to Kragen Auto Parts. They had two different models of FPR and they didn't know which one would fit mine because the OEM FPR on mine doesn't have any numbers stamped on them!

So I decided to go to the NAPA Parts store and they ordered me one, which will be here tomorrow. But I noticed that after I took off the old FPR and put it back on later, my truck has been starting on the first key turn ever since! But still, I will replace it with the new one for preventive measures. Maybe there was some junk in there and when I opened it up, it came out. It took about less than 10 minutes to take of and replace this type of FPR on this truck!

Thank you for everyone's help.

Reply to
McGyvr62